Sunday, June 22, 2008

Much Respect to this Kid: 2nd Edition

Earlier this year I devoted a post to a kid that had worn a Brett Favre jersey every day for the last four years. This morning I saw a video about a kid that once again reminded me of a younger version of myself. Meet Eddie Richardson:Eddie has memorized the name of every Major League baseball player. If you ask him who the catcher for the Marlins is he'll tell you Matt Treanor. Ask him who the center fielder for the Red Sox is and he'll tell you it's Coco Crisp. Click here to watch the video, this kid is good.

It reminds me of the time I went to the library and checked out the Official NBA Encyclopedia before a trip to Mississippi. I read the entire thing, including the career stats of every player who had ever played an NBA game up to that point. I still don't think I retained as much as this kid though.

No comments: