Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Adam's Spiritual Home in Flint Michigan

I've been on the road quite a bit lately, traveling from Pennsylvania to Ohio to Kentucky to Indiana back to Kentucky then to Tennessee to Alabama and then finally ending up for the time being in Mississippi. Pictures of this voyage are forthcoming, but before I get to that I've found my place of worship should my travels find me in Flint, Michigan.

Thanks to Church Without Walls Ministries, at 6202 Dupont St there's a church where I can fully utilize my throwback jersey collection. Rev. Martez Warren Sr. decided to relax the dress code a little and encourage his church's members to wear their finest Mitchell & Ness in hopes of drawing in some new members.

"I felt I needed to do something to entice people to come to church, but I understood a regular service wouldn't draw them in," Warren said. "So if we can get them in church and off the streets, that's the beginning of change for our community."

This got me thinking, what would be the more awkward jersey to wear into church? Ty Cobb? O.J. Simpson? Rae Carruth? Dennis Rodman?

No comments: