Friday, August 08, 2008

Finally Back

Wow, almost a month since I blogged huh? Here’s a quick summary of what I’ve been up to.

1) Studying for and taking the bar exam. It was a long and annoying process. No matter what the results are I doubt I’ll be taking it again for a really long time.

2) Moving. It’s never fun, especially when you’ve got to pay $76 to throw away your garbage at a landfill. However, I did get a few good pictures and a good story out of it all.

When we went to the landfill we obnoxious yellow-green neon vests and helmets to put on while we did our dumping. Never one to miss a photo opportunity I styled and profiled the makeshift accessories like only I can.

The next morning I made the picture of me in the landfill my Facebook profile
picture with the accompanying tongue-in-cheek status “Adam Samons took the bar on Tuesday and Wednesday and took the job at the landfill on Thursday.” Since then I’ve had 6 friends ask me whether I’ve really taken a job at a landfill. I’m not sure exactly what that says about me, but I’m strangely comfortable with it.

3) Working. I’m still enjoying my job. On top of that I’ve come across some cute and creepy pictures during my work hours. First, take a look at this thank you image from one of the Allegheny county web sites. I can’t remember which one it is, but when you log off it shows you this

Next up, one day this week a coworker noted the front page of CNN.com was running a story about 100,000 unknown gorillas being found. I love the picture that accompanied the story.

I know that that the little gorilla there is probably just yawning or something, but in my mind I chose to believe that the look on his face is his joyous reaction to himself and 999,999 of his closest gorilla friends finally being found.

So that's about it for me, it's nice to be back in the real world and away from law school, the bar, and everything that encompasses.

No comments: