Monday, July 16, 2007

A Prediction

The toxicology reports on Benoit will be coming out tomorrow, so I've got a (pretty obvious) prediction. Should the reports come back and show no steroids in Benoit's system the media will let this story die a quiet death over the next week. I doubt that the reports will come back clean, but if somehow they do the media will have lost their easy answer to this story and no longer have the attractive "STEROIDS" headline to lead with on this story.

If, as I expect, the reports do come back showing roids in Benoit's system expect this story to stay around even longer. Also, expect to see a lot of specials on the dark side of the wrestling industry, I hear CNN is producing one already.

No matter what way the reports come back I hope that the increased scrutiny on wrestling continues.

No comments: