Friday, June 08, 2007

I'll Let Apollo Creed Speak For Me

After having lost my wallet and having somebody else eat my cheese steak you might think Philly would be annoying me by now, that's not the case. I'm still impressed with the town. There's pub trivia 5 nights a week (I did rather poorly last night), more historic American sites than you can imagine, a great job, friendly people (a surprise to me), great food, and highly informed baseball fans (since the Phillies are in the NL East it's easier to have a good conversation about the Marlins). To sum up my feelings on Philadelphia after one week here's a quote from Apollo Creed in Rocky 1 which I'm watching as I do laundry;

"Reporter: Apollo, how do you like the city of brotherly love?
Apollo Creed: Well, just being in Philadelphia makes me feel patriotic. Beautiful people in a beautiful city coming up to me on the street wishing me the best. I love my Philadelphia brothers and I'm proud to be an American."

No comments: