Saturday, May 26, 2007

Random Thoughts and Observations While in Philly Part 2:

-First observation is never...EVER.... pull money out of your wallet the morning after you've had as tiring a day as I did yesterday. Have cash in your pocket and pull it from there with your wallet safely stored in your bag. If you don't follow this advice you might end up in my position, roaming downtown Philly with little money and no identification.
- I can offer a life tip from this experience: no matter what your state government tells you to do, do not cut up or discard your expired driver's licenses if you have them. Same thing with school IDs. I know that those in power will say that this could lead to Identity theft problems, but I'll tell you that they come in handy in my situation. I was fortunate enough to find my expired license and expired school ID in my bag. Hopefully this will be enough to get me back home (at least Southwest seems to say so). So, I might be dumb enough to lose my wallet at the MOST inopportune time ever, but at least I'm smart enough, or enough of a pack rat, to keep items which just became very valuable.
- I don't think a person can judge a city in only a couple of days, unless you're stranded in said city barely any money and no ID. In fact, I think a person in this situation can probably judge a city best. My opinion of Philly, love it even more today, every person I've interacted with so far has been really helpful and courteous. I'd have to say that Philly is beginning to challenge Miami for the title of "Adam's Favorite City in the Universe." They might pull into a tie by the end of summer.
- My new apartment has a pool on the roof with a view of the skyline. Also, it has an awesome gym. I don't think I'll be ready to leave in 10 weeks.

3 comments:

Test said...

Mugged on your second day in Philly?

Unknown said...

Except that you'll want to come back to me! Or at least Pete...

auntdeb said...

So Pittsburgh isn't even in the running? I'm crushed!!!