Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Enough Already

I can’t go to a news website without seeing pictures of the Virginia Tech killer holding weapons and looking menacing, I’m tired of it. The kid was disturbed, he was angry at the world, and he came to the conclusion that the only notable thing he would ever do with his life would also be the most despicable thing a person can do. He shipped a box to NBC with a lot of pictures and videos for one reason, because he wanted to go out and be remembered, for the world to hear him vent and complain. I understand people are curious to watch this stuff to understand how somebody could do such a thing (even I was at first), but they’re not going to find any definitive answers, the simple answer is that he was disturbed and wanted the world to see him to vent his frustration. The news companies are complying in making his dreams come true and I’ve given him 158 words too many. If I’m going to try to dissect anybody’s psyche in this whole situation I’d much rather look toward people like this holocaust survivor professor who dies saving his students.

No comments: