Sunday, February 04, 2007

Why I'm Rooting for the Bears

I'm rooting for the Bears, here are the reasons:

-Bears quarterback Rex Grossman was the last Gator quarterback I rooted for before going to Miami.

-The Bears also have Alex Brown, another Gator that was at UF before my Cane conversion.

-The Bears have former UM standout Devin Hester on their team. Watch for him returning punts, he should put on a show.

-The Bears used the UM workout facilities once they got to Miami this week.

-The Colts wouldn't pay enough this off season to keep UM alum Edgerrin James as their starting running back.

-I don't like Peyton Manning the quarterback. My dislike of him goes all the way back to when he was in college at Tennessee and I'd root for the Gators as they beat him every year. Also, He'll probably break all of Dan Marino's passing records, so I don't want him to do that and have a Super Bowl ring. Lastly, and most importantly, he stole a Sharpie marker from me at and FCA breakfast in his junior year at UT. Sure, I got his autograph, but I want my Sharpie back Peyton! (With all that said I do like Peyton Manning the person. He seems like a nice enough guy and I love just about every one of his commercials)

No comments: