Saturday, October 21, 2006

Stained Carpet? Try Peroxide.

The only thing that I don’t find all that attractive about the house I’m living in right now is the living room carpet. It’s not terrible, it’s just a little bit old and has a few stains from pets that previous renters had. Fortunately, with a couple of well placed rugs most of these stains are easily hidden. Today I was cleaning up around the house and I decided I’d try to do the seemingly impossible, remove the stains that had been there for who knows how long. Since I had previously tried a few commercial products on the stains I knew I’d have to try something different. After a little online research I settled on giving hydrogen peroxide a shot. So, I soaked the most annoying, and largest, stain with peroxide, let it sit for about 5 minutes and then dabbed the wet area until it was as dry as I could get it. It is now 12 hours later and I am proud to say that the living room carpet has one fewer stain than it did before. Looks like I’ll be spending my weekend dousing my carpet with peroxide.

No comments: