Sunday, June 11, 2006

Pour Myself a Cup of Ambition.

I’m 2 weeks into my job and I really like it. For those who don’t know, my job mostly involves dealing with landlord and tenant issues and trying to get unemployment compensation for our clients. One of the best parts of the jobs is that I get a lot of client contact. In some ways I think this could be one of the more serious legal jobs I’ll have since many of the cases I handle decide whether or not a person or family gets to stay in their homes.

In addition to the substance of my job, the walk to work is pretty interesting also. One building over from where I work there is a guy who is living in a 3-sided glass store front apartment under 24/7 surveilance by 4 digital stream cameras. To see what I’m talking about go to www.lookinginlookingout.com. If you watch his webcam at the right time you might even see me staring in awkwardly at him while I’m on my lunch break.

In an alley on the way to my job there is another interesting installation, rather than explain it I’ll just show you a picture:

Here's an explanation of what's going on here

Lastly, I don’t have a picture of this one, but another building nearby is covered in fake grass as part of miniature golf course thing, I’ll try to get a picture and post it sometime this week. For now you can read this description

Lastly, anyone who knows what song I’m quoting in the title gets bonus points.

No comments: