Sunday, May 21, 2006

A Few Observations From The First Day Back In The Gym

Yesterday I started lifting weights again for the first time in about four or five years. Even though I generally looked and felt like a guy who hadn’t lifted in a while I did notice that there is one benefit to being overweight, when you work out your legs you look almost superhuman. I guess that they’ve gotten used to lugging around so much weight they can’t help but to be strong.
Secondly, why is it that elliptical machines seem to only be used by women? I went back to the gym today to watch the first half of the Cavs – Pistons game while on an elliptical and I was the only guy using one. I can’t figure this out given that other guys apparently have no problem using a treadmill or stationary bikes, oh well.
Lastly, an observation from the NBA: I know he doesn’t fit well with the NBA’s hip hop image but I love ABC's use of Tom Petty music when going to commercials.

No comments: