Sunday, January 29, 2006

It's All in How You Play the Game.

While doing some reading for next weeks classes I made a startling realization. In some small sense many of my classmates and I are actually living out our elementary school dreams. During school when we were kids all we every really wanted to do was play video games. Thanks to modern technology this dream is a reality. You can now download any old Nintendo game onto your computer and play it. Since most everyone at law school uses a laptop to take their notes this leads to us being able to play video games in class! On a normal day this is what I see on the computer screens of some people in class.

Personally I don’t have any of the old Nintendo games on my computer. This isn’t a moral stand, it’s just that I don’t want the people behind me judging my video game abilities by how I play in class when half of my attention is directed towards the professor. Instead of this I play the pinball game that’s pre-installed on just about every computer.


Now, combine this with the fact that some random organization gave away free nachos at lunch a week or two ago and this law school thing seems like a elementary-middle-high schooler’s wonderland. It all depends on how livable you make it.

No comments: